Hello lovelies, welcome back to my page today I have a tasty, tangy traditional Scottish cake which is best made with pure juices of the citrus fruit, it tastes fantastic and my family go crazy for it. whenever I make it, it doesn’t even get put in the cake tin it gets ate so fast and extended family members take some home haha! I really hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
8oz (250g or one stick) margarine
8oz (250g or one and a quarter cups) caster sugar (or fine granulated sugar)
12oz (350g or three cups) self-raising flour (all-purpose flour with baking powder)
1 cup orange and lemon (or orange and lime) juice mixed
Butter Cream Ingredients:
12oz (350g or 2½ cups) icing sugar (frosting)
6oz (175g or 1½ sticks) margarine
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice)
- Preheat the oven to 160C (320F or Gas Mark 3) or 10C less if a fan assisted oven.
- Mix the margarine and sugar together and cream until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the fruit juices and the flour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin measuring 8″x12″x1½” (20cmx30cmx3.5cm) which has been lined with baking parchment and spread evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for roughly 35 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin before removal.
- Add all buttercream ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Once cool decorate the cake and enjoy!!
Do you have any family recipes your whole family love???